[DWJ] Mela WOrms

Nic W eawil3 at email.wm.edu
Mon Dec 1 22:10:14 EST 2014

A little late on the discussion, but I've been busy with holiday stuff. I
finally had a chance to read Mela Worms, and it cracked me up! I found
that, up until the ship's captain calls her a "teddy bear," and even
somewhat afterward, I was picturing Fingi very much as a cat-person.
(Almost as if DWJ wrote a lot of feline characters!)

Ooh, and Castle in the Air! I'm a fan. It's certainly unusual, as sequels
go. Just telling people that it is a sequel is sort of giving away some
plot points. As a librarian, I hand it to people who like Howl's Moving
Castle and say, "This is the sequel! Sort of. I mean it is . . . It may not
seem like it for awhile, but . . . Just read it, it's good!"