[DWJ] Monthly Read-Along

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 00:31:47 EST 2013

"A Plague of Peacocks" is one of my favourite DWJ short stories, because
not only is it funny but it's the right *shape*. A lot of her short stories
feel like ideas for novels that never got made, but this one feels just
right the length it is.

Of course, there are things to be said for leaving the audience wanting
more - Kelly Link has made an artform of ending her stories just as they
get good.

Katta

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 6:27 AM, <estairm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kylie wrote:
>

> This month we are discussing Fire and Hemlock, "Warlock at the Wheel" and
> "The Plague of Peacocks".
> ------
>

> These stories are just so much FUN.  I giggle out loud at "Warlock at the
> Wheel" every time I read it.  And "The Plague of Peacocks" is very
> satisfying -- though scary when picturing the hero as he grows up....
>
> Esther

Katarina Hjärpe

fokusbibliotekarie
Rosendalsskolan