[DWJ] Monthly Read-Along

Philip Belben philip at axeside.co.uk
Mon May 13 16:23:53 EDT 2013

> Isn't "forgettery" itself a DWJ-coined word - I think from Stealer of
> Souls? Or is there an earlier citation?

I don't know of an earlier citation, but I do know it has been used in
our family for absent-mindedness for many decades.  The earlier post
here is the first time I've seen it for an amnesiac ending to a story,
though.

A related word is our family word for an automatic kettle: "forgettle" -
the point being that you don't have to remember to switch it off.

Philip.