[DWJ] question about Power of Three

Kyra Jucovy arykiy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 22:36:23 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Gin <kalaidiscope at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I always assumed that it came from the Scandinavian versions of Elves and
> hidden folk. From memory, doesn't the human man find them at the crossroads
> on midsummer evening?  And then give them help with an Impossible Task? I
> need to reread Power of Three, I always loved it. I loved that aha moment
> when you realised that our heroes were not *humans* in some other fantasy
> world, but hidden folk in our world...

Actually, I was wondering about this lately myself - are there other books
out there which have the same twist, where what seem to be secondary world
humans actually turn out to be "real" world non-humans?  The trouble is,
getting any answers to the question would spoil the books, and, as Gin
says, it's such a nice moment that I wouldn't really want to have it
spoiled!

---Kyra