[DWJ] question about Power of Three

Gin kalaidiscope at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 03:24:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

I always assumed that it came from the Scandinavian versions of Elves and
hidden folk. From memory, doesn't the human man find them at the crossroads
on midsummer evening?  And then give them help with an Impossible Task? I
need to reread Power of Three, I always loved it. I loved that aha moment
when you realised that our heroes were not *humans* in some other fantasy
world, but hidden folk in our world...

Anyway, it may be worth looking at the wikipedia entries for Huldfolk and
Hobbits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulduf%C3%B3lk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobbit

At least until someone who knows more than me answers...

Gin