[DWJ] new book preview

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Jun 27 19:35:36 EDT 2013

On Jun 27, 2013, at 8:36 AM, Eleanor Joslin wrote:

> Humans' names are very complicated, as any programmer who has tried to write a validator for them could confirm.

My sister used to work for a company that did mass mailings.
The validating programs eliminated surnames that were two or fewer letters.
This was extremely nice for people of Vietnamese ancestry whose surname
was Ng, and for many people of Chinese ancestry with surnames like Wu
and Li, since it meant they didn't get mass mailings.