[DWJ] New DWJ book!!!

Deborah Meghnagi Bailey deborah at brightweavings.com
Mon Jun 24 01:34:02 EDT 2013

Gin's estimate is a fair one. Having worked in publishing for eight years, I
can tell you it's also simply a question of adding a book in to the catalog
- publishers publish only so many books per quarter, and delivery of
manuscript doesn't mean it can immediately be published. A year is actually
quite short - it shows how much they want this book out. It's probably going
into the first catalog possible. It'll need to be edited, not just proofed,
and the editors will already have plenty of work on their plates, this will
go into the pile (speaking as an editor). And yes, they need a lot of time
once the manuscript is ready for all the marketing and PR to be done.

I can't wait :-)