[DWJ] recommendations

Carol Carr coracleg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 18:43:54 EDT 2013

The term "young adult" is a bit nebulous. I wouldn't normally recommend YA
books for a 10 year old. One reason I recommend older style British
historical fiction etc is that they are well written and substantial,
giving a satisfactory read to an older child while not requiring them to
cope with all the stuff a teenager deals with.
Hope the 10 year old whose reading needs sparked the discussion enjoys her
reading! Maybe a parent will flick through to check content if there are
concerns.