[DWJ] recommendations

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sat Jul 27 11:59:53 EDT 2013

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013, Gillian Houck wrote:

> McKinley, maybe Beauty first?  But Damar equally good.  There's a problem
> with the Damars, at least with Blue Sword, it's a bit of a what they need
> is a honky

I suppose it could technically also be read as "mixed young woman who is the product of colonialist assimilation returning to her roots and discovering her culture and people." I mean she's all blond compared to their darkness but her magic definitely comes from her Damarian side.

Could go either way on that one.  In any case it's a great book.

-deborah