[DWJ] recommendations

Carol Carr coracleg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 05:20:16 EDT 2013

There are lots of authors and titles recommended in the replies here. I
would like to remind the people giving the books or information to the girl
and her family that an advanced reader aged 10 is still a child, and should
not given Young Adult novels, as they are not written for pre teens. E.g.
Tamara Pierce has a lot of mature material in apparently innocent books.
A lot of great books were written in 1950s and 1960s  for older child
readers, without the adult or dark material common to modern work. These
include some good historical novels, and many classic British books written
for literate children. wishing the girl Happy reading!
Carol