[DWJ] recommendations

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Jul 26 19:19:49 EDT 2013

My partner has an acquaintance, a 10-year-old girl who is very bright.
She likes fantasy. I've recommended DWJ, of course, but any suggestions
are welcome. [I also recommended Nesbit, Lewis, Baum, Jansson, and Pratchett.]

She is also mixed-race*, so if anybody knows a particularly good author
for that, tell me. [I'm loaning her _The Wizard of Earthsea_.] It would be
nice to have protagonists who aren't just white.

Garth Nix just occurred to me. And Diane Duane.

*Her father is African-American, her mother is European-American.

--------

People say nothing rhymes with orange,
but it doesn't.