[DWJ] Gaiman's Ocean at the End of the Lane

slwones at gmail.com slwones at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 06:22:13 EDT 2013

It scared me too!  In part because I know Gaiman can go darker than DWJ
usually did.

Gili, thanks for your list of DWJ books you saw echoes of in Ocean -
overall I was mostly reminded of Time of the Ghost. <SPOILERS> Largely
because of the similarities between Monagan and the flea/Ursula Monkton.
 The older Hempstock women reminded me strongly of Granny in Fire and
Hemlock because of their very matter-of-fact brand of kindness.

Suzanne