[DWJ] new book preview

Elizabeth Bentley ebsln at icloud.com
Tue Jul 2 15:42:13 EDT 2013

That's what I have always done. Otherwise you have to know, which is not always possible. The only exceptions are ones like Du Maurier, Le Carre and Le Guin.

Elizabeth

On 2 Jul 2013, at 18:27, Rosemary Hopkins <rosieburroughs at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been told that Jill Paton Walsh should be filed under P, even though the names are not hyphenated. However, when I studied cataloguing, I was taught (whether correctly or not, I don't know) that English double surnames should be filed alphabetically by the first part of the surname if hyphenated, and by the second if not.
>
> Rosie

Elizabeth Bentley BA MCLIP
Librarian
Addey & Stanhope School, SE14 6TJ
CILIP's School Libraries Group national committee
mailto:ebsln at icloud.com

SLN (School Librarians' Network): To subscribe send a blank email to:
mailto:sln-subscribe at yahoogroups.com