[DWJ] Some brief reviews

Charlotte Taylor ccwtaylor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:17:13 EST 2013

I read  and re-read The Spellcoats as a standalone, when I was 11 or
so, years and years before I though to wonder if DWJ wrote any books
(I was kind of dim that way).  I remember vividly the day I walked
into a bookstore when I was about 22 and saw the other books in the
Dalemark Quartet---I was so so so thrilled out of my mind to find out
more about the Spellcoats characters. So Cart and Cwidder and Drowned
Ammet were perhaps the most crushingly disappointing books I have ever
read in my life, and I have never re-read them.  The Crown of Dalemark
brought me some comfort, but not enough.

Charlotte