[DWJ] recommendations

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Aug 1 15:01:47 EDT 2013

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Ellen Willcox wrote:
> Scott Westerfeld's trilogy Leviathan, Behemoth, and Goliath is awesome.  It
> has a girl protagonist and a boy one and switches between their points of
> view.  It's set in an alternate version of World War I in which the Allies
> fight with genetically engineered beasts and the Axis powers with
> steam-powered robots.  And it has illustrations.  Which are amazing.

If you prefer audiobooks, the audio versions of the trilogy read by Alan
Cumming are wonderful and really get the essence and feel of the
characters (tho no illustrations).

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"Can America go on living on spin and illusion, hot air and hogwash, and still be my country?" -- Ursula K. LeGuin