No subject

Wed Sep 5 11:50:25 EDT 2012

We are indeed very quiet.

Allow me to give you something to talk about, tho I freely admit to self
interest here.

I am Exhibits Director of the next World Science Fiction Convention to be
held in London (www.Loncon3.org). I have this huge great hall to fill, lots
of ideas and some firm ideas about the need for seating in such a place.
But seating is expensive and I think I need at least 20 seating areas, if
not more.

We have priced up garden benches and persuaded a bunch of people to
sponsorthem. See here:
http://www.loncon3.org/exhibits/sponsorship

I wonder if this group would be interested in sponsoring a bench for Diana
Wynne Jones?  The plaque could then be presented to the family.

best wishes

[image: cleardot.gif]F

-----

    *Elizabeth Bentley*
via<http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=3Den-GB&ctx=3Dmail&answ=
er=3D1311182>
 suberic.net

14 Sep (12 days ago)[image: cleardot.gif]

 [image: cleardot.gif][image: cleardot.gif]

to Diana [image: cleardot.gif]

Happy to contribute (I failed to read the message properly and was thinking
in terms of sponsoring a bench on my own, which I'd decided I couldn't
afford, but a joint one would be great.)

Depending on how many and how much, I should think we might even manage
more than one!

Elizabeth

----

On 14 September 2012 12:29, Eleanor Joslin <eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk> wrote=
:

I'd also be happy to contribute.

Rather than another bench, are there any other aspects of Loncon we can
sponsor if we overshoot?