[DWJ] DWJ influenced writers

Katherine Meyers katiegmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:40:58 EDT 2012

This is funny, because I was about to jump in with a recommendation for Sarah Rees Brennan's newest book, _Unspoken_.  I just finished it last night and really enjoyed it (although partly this may have been a case of "the right book at the right time").  Possibly because I know the author is a DWJ fan, I was seeing a number of similarities that made me happy.  I'm going to avoid any spoilers because the book is so new.  This means that I will be so vague that I may not make much sense, but oh well.  First off, the main character's imaginary friend reminded me of Ann's voices in Hexwood.  The families and their histories, the role of magic, the woods, the British small town life, the reveals, the main character being a writer, and the fact that it was so funny all sort of made me think of DWJ as well.  Though it is really different in many ways.

I'm so happy to get all of these recommendations!  Was looking for a good book!

Katie

Message: 3