[DWJ] DWJ influenced writers

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Sep 18 09:24:04 EDT 2012

Lucy,

Have you ever tried Ysabeau Wilce's FLORA SEGUNDA series? I think she has something very much like DWJ's sense of the comic, and actually her character development reminds me very much of DWJ as well. (A lot of middle grade and younger YA heroes and heroines are tending toward the older and more heroic these days, and Flora is still very young in some really lovely ways.)

That being said, her books are as American in feel as DWJ's are British, so in that way they are very different (or arguably very similar but coming from different places)

-deborah