[DWJ] DWJ influenced writers

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:04:27 EDT 2012

I know that Lily Archer, of The Poisoned Apples, is influenced by Diana
Wynne Jones, though of course her books are an entirely different style.

As for "the same sort of feel", it rather depends on what kind of feel
you're aiming for. Is it an Archer's Goon feel, or a Fire and Hemlock feel,
or a Dalemark feel, or a Power of Three feel? I think it's easier to find a
book similar to one of those than one similar to all of them.

Katta

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Lucy Pearson <lucy.r.pearson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> As I'm in one of my periodic DWJ hiatuses (I've reread everything too
> recently and need to give it time to breathe), I thought I'd reach out to
> the list for some new reading ideas. Is there anyone writing now who is
> influenced by DWJ / has the same sort of feel? She's so unique, I find it
> hard to think of people who show a clear debt - but with so many of us out
> there who love her work, there must be a few whose love found its way into
> print!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lucy

Katarina Hjärpe