[DWJ] gello..fading echo.... anybody there?

deborah.DWJ at suberic.net deborah.DWJ at suberic.net
Fri Sep 14 11:31:55 EDT 2012

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, Jessica Spencer wrote:

> Another topic of discussion: what DWJ book would you all recommend to start
> an adult reader off?

I think it depends very much on the adult reader. If they read a lot of fantasy and would be open to humor, DARK LORD seems to work very well. I think that both POWER OF THREE and HOMEWARD BOUNDERS have a really nice balance of many of her best elements: mythic, character development, interaction of multiple worlds, quietly chaotic ending.

I would shy off FIRE AND HEMLOCK because the general response to it seems to be either love or wtf, and unless you know they would fall in the former camp, it would be risky.And the Chrestomanci books are good but they do work best together.

-deborah