[DWJ] gello..fading echo.... anybody there?

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Fri Sep 14 10:39:07 EDT 2012

On 14/09/12 14:42, Jessica Spencer wrote:
> I'd also contribute (though only a student budget amount).
> Another topic of discussion: what DWJ book would you all recommend to start
> an adult reader off?

Depends very much on the adult reader.

When Jo Walton was doing an A-Z of Who To Read on the tor.com blog, she
missed DWJ out.  When people asked why in the comment thread, she said
she'd only read Deep Secret and didn't like it much, at which point a
gratifying number of people started recommending other DWJ books to her,
principally Fire and Hemlock IIRC.  I don't know whether she took our
advice.

OTOH I know someone who detested Fire and Hemlock because the
relationship between Tom and Polly was too creepy for her taste.  She
loved the Chrestomanci books, though.