[DWJ] gello..fading echo.... anybody there?

Elizabeth Bentley ebentleysln at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 14 07:19:47 EDT 2012

Happy to contribute (I failed to read the message properly and was thinking in terms of sponsoring a bench on my own, which I'd decided I couldn't afford, but a joint one would be great.)

Depending on how many and how much, I should think we might even manage more than one!

Elizabeth

On 14 Sep 2012, at 11:59, Meredith MacArdle <meredithxyz at googlemail.com> wrote:

> brilliant idea. I don't mind helping organise it. I could set up a PayPal
> account next week?
>
> cheers, Meredith
>
> On 14 September 2012 10:52, Farah Mendlesohn <farah.sf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We are indeed very quiet.
>>

>> Allow me to give you something to talk about, tho I freely admit to self
>> interest here.
>>

>> I am Exhibits Director of the next World Science Fiction Convention to be
>> held in London (www.Loncon3.org). I have this huge great hall to fill,
>> lots
>> of ideas and some firm ideas about the need for seating in such a place.
>> But seating is expensive and I think I need at least 20 seating areas, if
>> not more.
>>
>> We have priced up garden benches and persuaded a bunch of people to sponsor
>> them. See here: http://www.loncon3.org/exhibits/sponsorship
>>
>> I wonder if this group would be interested in sponsoring a bench for Diana
>> Wynne Jones?  The plaque could then be presented to the family.
>>
>> best wishes
>> Farah
>>

> --
> Diana Wynne Jones fansite: http://www.leemac.freeserve.co.uk
> Changeover and The Gods Within: http://www.moondustbooks.biz

Elizabeth Bentley BA MCLIP
Librarian
CILIP's School Libraries Group national committee
mailto:ebentleysln at googlemail.com

SLN (School Librarians' Network): To subscribe send a blank email to:
mailto:sln-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
To send a message write to : sln at yahoogroups.com