[DWJ] gello..fading echo.... anybody there?

Farah Mendlesohn farah.sf at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:52:38 EDT 2012

We are indeed very quiet.

Allow me to give you something to talk about, tho I freely admit to self
interest here.

I am Exhibits Director of the next World Science Fiction Convention to be
held in London (www.Loncon3.org). I have this huge great hall to fill, lots
of ideas and some firm ideas about the need for seating in such a place.
But seating is expensive and I think I need at least 20 seating areas, if
not more.

We have priced up garden benches and persuaded a bunch of people to sponsor
them. See here: http://www.loncon3.org/exhibits/sponsorship

I wonder if this group would be interested in sponsoring a bench for Diana
Wynne Jones?  The plaque could then be presented to the family.

best wishes
Farah