[DWJ] DWJ Conference 2014 (was Re: Hexwood)

Martha Hixon marthahixon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 20:08:12 EDT 2012

Lucy,

one of the things about planning a conference (or any event) is that you
simply can't accommodate everyone's schedules. But thank you for thinking
about it. Some universities here are on a quarter system and so start later
in September, though not many. We actually used to begin our fall semester
around mid-August, but that's changed lately. The US has a one-day holiday
the 1st Monday in September (Labor Day) when every school I know of has the
day off, so if the conference falls on that weekend or if that day can be a
travel day, it will help--one less class day to have to cover.

Since we have a couple of years to go, that's plenty of time for potential
attendees to plan how to come. I will definitely at least look into trying.

thanks,
Martha

Dr. Martha P. Hixon
Department of English