[DWJ] DWJ Conference 2014 (was Re: Hexwood)

Elizabeth Bentley ebentleysln at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:40:28 EDT 2012

I was actually thinking that the beginning of the school year in the
UK would be an impossible time for me and any others who work in
schools. The holidays would be much better, but I can see that if you
are busy in the holidays that makes it difficult. As it happns, I on;y
work Mon-Wed, so the end of the week would be possible for me
personally. I'll have to start saving!

Elizabeth

On 18 October 2012 12:14, Lucy Pearson <lucy.r.pearson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't think we can schdule the conference any closer to
> WorldCon because it would then fall in British school holidays, when Seven
> Stories are extremely busy. I hadn't realised American universities started
> quite so early, though!
>
> Since the CFP hasn't yet gone out there is some scope for me to see whether
> we can shift the timing slightly, so this conversation is useful (although
> it's likely that we won't be able to move it, sadly)
>

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Martha Hixon <marthahixon at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> So, having a DWJ conference beginning on Aug 18 or 19 would catch people
>> from overseas who are in town for Worldcon, plus be in between semesters
>> for most academics, at least those of us over here. But as I read Lucy's
>> (?) email, the date's already been set, so it's a moot point, I guess. Two
>> conferences back to back might be overkill for participants, anyway.
>>
>> Martha
>>
>> Dr. Martha P. Hixon
>> Department of English
>> Middle Tennessee State University
>> Murfreesboro, TN 37132
>> 615-898-2599 / martha.hixon at mtsu.edu
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Farah Mendlesohn <farah.sf at gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > Worldcon in London finishes 17 August.
>> >
>> > Sent from my iPhone

> --
> Lucy Pearson, Lecturer in Children's Literature
> Newcastle University Children's Literature Unit
> http://www.ncl.ac.uk/elll/research/children/unit.htm

Elizabeth Bentley BA MCLIP
Librarian
Addey & Stanhope School, SE14 6TJ
CILIP's School Libraries Group national committee
mailto:ebentleysln at googlemail.com

SLN (School Librarians' Network): To subscribe send a blank email to:
mailto:sln-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
To send a message write to : sln at yahoogroups.com