[DWJ] DWJ Conference 2014 (was Re: Hexwood)

Lucy Pearson lucy.r.pearson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 07:14:43 EDT 2012

Unfortunately, I don't think we can schdule the conference any closer to
WorldCon because it would then fall in British school holidays, when Seven
Stories are extremely busy. I hadn't realised American universities started
quite so early, though!

Since the CFP hasn't yet gone out there is some scope for me to see whether
we can shift the timing slightly, so this conversation is useful (although
it's likely that we won't be able to move it, sadly)

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Martha Hixon <marthahixon at gmail.com>wrote:

> So, having a DWJ conference beginning on Aug 18 or 19 would catch people
> from overseas who are in town for Worldcon, plus be in between semesters
> for most academics, at least those of us over here. But as I read Lucy's
> (?) email, the date's already been set, so it's a moot point, I guess. Two
> conferences back to back might be overkill for participants, anyway.
>
> Martha
>
> Dr. Martha P. Hixon
> Department of English
> Middle Tennessee State University
> Murfreesboro, TN 37132
> 615-898-2599 / martha.hixon at mtsu.edu
>

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Farah Mendlesohn <farah.sf at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Worldcon in London finishes 17 August.
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

Lucy Pearson, Lecturer in Children's Literature
Newcastle University Children's Literature Unit
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/elll/research/children/unit.htm