[DWJ] DWJ Conference 2014 (was Re: Hexwood)

Lucy Pearson lucy.r.pearson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 08:24:52 EDT 2012

I'm based in Newcastle, and this seems like a good idea to mention that we
are currently planning an DWJ conference to take place shortly after
WorldCon 2014. The conference will be in collaboration with Seven Stories,
the Centre for Children's Books, which holds Diana's archives, and will
include some opportunities to access the archive.

I've been holding off talking about it on this list till I made some final
arrangements, but I think I'm now reasonably confident it will go ahead.
We'd been thinking about it mainly as an opportunity for people to present
papers, but in the light of this conversation I think we'll also do a call
for seminars / workshops. The lovely Cathy Butler of this list has
provisionally agreed to speak.

The conference is scheduled for 5/6 September 2014 - hopefully this is
close enough to WorldCon that those of you who have travelled from overseas
for that might be able to extend your trips. The CFP hasn't gone out yet,
but will be circulated to this list when we're at that stage. In the
meantime, do start thinking about possible papers and workshops!

All best,

Lucy

PS Farah, I'm /that/ Lucy - and thank you for your help and advice in the
early stages of planning this thing!

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Deborah Meghnagi Bailey <
deborah at brightweavings.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking of being in England for Worldcon 2014. I'd LOVE to attend a
> seminar on DWJ around that time, although I could only do Sunday, not
> Saturday...

Lucy Pearson, Lecturer in Children's Literature
Newcastle University Children's Literature Unit
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/elll/research/children/unit.htm