[DWJ] Hexwood

Kyra Jucovy arykiy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 03:26:07 EDT 2012

I have to admit, I remember thinking about *Hexwood *constantly back when I
was taking my seminar on colonial and postcolonial literature, we were
studying *Absalom, Absalom!*, and my professor kept talking about the
structure of modernist narrative.  I have to admit that I don't remember
all the details as well as I'd like because, much to my shock, this is
somehow eleven years ago now (it took me longer to believe that then I'd
like to admit), but the idea of the narrative that goes in line with the
human structure of memory and stuff like that really seemed to fit in very
well with *Hexwood*.

So. . . yeah.

I guess the dream DWJ course I'd teach if I could ever magically become a
professor without writing a dissertation would include *Fire and Hemlock* and
"Four Quartets," *The Homeward Bounders* and *Prometheus Unbound*, *Archer's
Goon* and *1984*, and *Hexwood *and *Absalom, Absalom!*?

Actually. . . now I've made myself a little sad.  That would be so much fun
to teach!  But then of course there probably isn't anyone in the world who
would actually want to take such a course, so I guess it all works out.

---Kyra