[DWJ] Nowhere vases

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Tue Oct 2 17:47:09 EDT 2012

By the Eliot reference to "spinning vases," do you mean

     "a Chinese jar still
Moves perpetually in its stillness"

from "Burnt Norton" in _Four Quartets_?

I think the "movement" there is in time, actually, but I could be wrong.

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037