[DWJ] Monthly Read-Along - Charmed Life

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Sun Nov 4 14:13:14 EST 2012

I have been noticing in Jones that the good guys are very often at the top of the social order--such as Crestomanci in his mansion--something one finds much less often in American fiction.  We all grew up from younger sons, disenfranchised folk, runaways, slaves, etc. and don't much expect the people running things to be honorable or dependable.

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037