[DWJ] book discussion and spoilers

Martha Hixon marthahixon at gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:11:18 EDT 2012

All, just a thought,

since some email programs display the first line of emails in the inbox, it
might be a good idea to avoid giving away spoilers in the very first
sentence of posts. I've read every single DWJ book at least once, so this
isn't a problem for me, but not everyone on the list has done so. Even if
someone avoids reading labeled discussion posts because they haven't yet
read the book, the first few words of a post do show, not just the subject
line. So, I'd suggest making the first line something innocuous. One of the
cool things about DWJ's work is the surprise factor, and it's a shame to
spoil that.

Martha

Dr. Martha P. Hixon
Department of English