[DWJ] Messiaen and Black Maria

Philip Belben philipbelben at alice.de
Tue May 22 14:11:23 EDT 2012

Long story short:  after believing for years that Messiaen's organ music
too difficult for me ever to play, I recently took the plunge and
downloaded the sheet music for "Les Corps Glorieux", a set of pieces
about resurrection bodies.

At the moment I'm learning to play "Force et Agilité des Corps Glorieux"
- Strength and Agility of the Glorious Bodies.  This piece is a sort of
mad dance.  At the keyboard, I am strongly reminded of Anthony Green's
dance around the boundaries of Cranbury in Black Maria.  Which made me
think: he has had a resurrection, of sorts...

Philip.