[DWJ] Cart and Cwidder Cwestion

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Tue Mar 20 13:26:07 EDT 2012

It's odd because as far as I can remember, all the other character names
in Cart and Cwidder are invented, whereas all the other character names
in Brave New World are drawn from real life.  I don't know which Lenina
is, but either way it stands out.

DWJ seems to have deliberately moved away from the real-world
(Anglo-Saxon? Norse?) names in "The True State Of Affairs" when she
wrote Cart and Cwidder.  But Lenina isn't one of those either.