[DWJ] Cart and Cwidder Cwestion

Anita Graham anita at joli.com.au
Tue Mar 6 21:54:22 EST 2012

I wouldn't have characterised the parents in Cart and Cwidder as terrible at
all.

Considering that they are not living a comfortable life in a child-centred
twentieth (or twenty-first) century world but in a feudal, agricultural
society where children are expected to be useful and contribute to the
family's wellbeing, I can't quite see what they do, as parents, that is so
bad.

It was clear to me that they both loved their children, and gave them care
and attention within the limits of their lives as travelling singers (and
spies).

Anita