[DWJ] Monthly read along - POT

Ulrika Isacsson ulrikamc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:31:27 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm a bit muddled and a bit behind on this and I blame it all on an
amazingly hectic spring. I'm basically trying to figure out where we
are with the reading?

The last book I read was Power of Three. I decided to use the
opportunity of also reading it with my daughter, since this one of the
few books I only have in Swedish. Don't recommend this for reading out
loud, lots of long words and also very long chapters. I also thought
every now and again that maybe 7 ys was a bit young for this book,
since there is a lot of violence, war etc in it ... but so far she
seems ok with it. From her point of view the worst thing with the book
was the lack of pictures. We had to keep coming back to the front of
the book to at least be able to see the different persons and species
in question.

I have read this book several times and I liked it this time as well.
I didn't remember that there was quite so much violence in it, but the
bees were just the same. I really like the way DWJ describes how the
three siblings think of each other, and also the way the parents are
with them.

---

At first I thought the next book was Drowned Ammet, and brought that
to the cottage to read and also forgot it there. Now I have had a look
at the list and guess that the next book is really Charmed Life. If
that is so, I think I'll do this with my daughter as well, and hope
she enjoys it. I'd also really like to know which book I'm supposed to
read according to the schedule?

//Ulrika

--
Ord - ger livet meningar