[DWJ] Engineering works on railways

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sat Jan 28 11:03:39 EST 2012

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:32:35 +0800
Kylie Ding <kylie_ding at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Eeek!  I guess there might be busses as an alternative if that
> happens?

They always arrange ways to get you to where you are going, but if they
are frodding about with the railway it is sometimes easier simply to get
a coach from London all the way to Bristol, and not get off the train
onto a bus between two of the stations and then onto a train again.  As
it were.

Anyhow, we'll keep an eye on it and broadcast any information we get,
because I think there are likely to be a fair few people coming to
Bristol on what used to be God's Wonderful Railway.

I have to be honest and say that engineering works have been fairly
unusual for a year or so.  I am just naturally a worrier.  Besides,
checking on the railways is like carrying an umbrella: if you don't it
*will* rain.  As it were.

Minnow