[DWJ] GUFF, and Memorial news

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Jan 25 08:06:40 EST 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:31:14 +0800
Kylie Ding <kylie_ding at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > About the memorial:
> > It will be on Sunday 22nd April at St George's, Brandon Hill,
> > Bristol.
> >

> How easy is this to get to?  I am assuming I'll be getting in by
> train. Would a taxi from the station be easiest?

It's quite a walk from the station.  I think that the number 8/9 bus
from the station goes up Park Street, which is the nearest through road
past St George's; a taxi might be *easier* but be warned, Bristol taxis
are as expansive as London ones.

Be warned too that there are two mainline railway stations in Bristol,
both with trains to them from Paddington.  Trains to Wales go
through Bristol Parkway, which is right on the edge of town.  Bristol
Temple Meads is down near the middle of town, and is the one you want
if you are going to Brandon Hill.

Minnow