[DWJ] GUFF, and Memorial news

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 09:22:59 EST 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 22:05:47 +0800
Kylie Ding <kylie_ding at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I won!  By one vote: 47 - 46.

> I would love to see any mailing list people at Eastercon this year,
> and I am so glad I will have the chance to be there for the
> not-memorial DWJ celebration in April.

Congratulations, Kylie!  It'll be good to see you again.

About the memorial:

We held a meeting yesterday and produced a rough running-order.

It will be on Sunday 22nd April at St George's, Brandon Hill, Bristol.

The doors will open at 2pm, and events are set to start at 2.30 with
five or six members of Diana's family talking for three or four minutes
each about her as they knew her.  Then there will be a break during
which short bits of the Miyasaki Howl's Moving Castle and the BBC
Archer's Goon are shown for ten minutes or so, provided we can get
permission to use them; then five or six colleagues of Diana's will talk
about her, again for three or four minutes each.  Then some of her
nephew's music to her book will be put on, again for about ten minutes,
and then five or six of her friends will do their three or four
minuteses. After that her sister will read an extract from her last,
unfinished book, and finally there will be an extract from an interview
with Diana shortly before her death.

All of this is "we hope"; with a following wind, consents when needed,
and the right tech availability in the hall...

So now you all know what will be happening, as much as anyone does.

Cheers

Minnow