[DWJ] Ogre and back story

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 21 12:37:39 EST 2012

On Saturday 21 January 2012 18:31:52 Philip Belben wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Starting 8DoL today ready for our discussion next month, I realised that
> no-one has said anything about The Ogre Downstairs yet.

Eek! didn't realise that we were talking about that this month, must go
and reread it at once!

> What do others think?

Before the rereading-- this particular part of the book has always
reminded me of a story I read at (I think) my grandparents' house, in a
book full of weird stories apparently meant for children, where there was
just such a shop and the story's protagonist got a kind of large semi-
translucent glass marble there, ... and there my memory of the story ends,
and I've never been able to find it again, but every time I see a large
semi-translucent glass marble I can't help wanting to put it in my pocket
and carry it with me.

(bear with me; feverish from the Family Cold that's finally got round to
me)

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.