[DWJ] Children of nine-lifed enchanters

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 02:03:50 EST 2012

Yeah, good point. The mechanics don't seem to be exploited as much as they

> could have. An evildoer, for example, could foil the Chrestomanci by
> planting an accomplice halfway around the globe and having them thrice say
> "Chrestomanci" every few seconds. And then Chrestomanci would be forever
> tied up halfway around the globe. I always thought this was an
> unaccountable weakness. Not to mention what happens if two parties summon
> him at the same time.

Chrestomanci doesn't have to come EVERY time his name is called, though.
The name has to be said in a specific time and place, such as in Witch Week
or The Sage of Theare. I'm assuming that if people were shouting
Chrestomanci from every corner of the multiverse, nothing much would happen
unless they were at a place where the summoning spell had been set up.

Katta

P.S. Gmail seems to think mail from this list isn't properly authenticated.