[DWJ] Memorial bench fund latest news

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Tue Dec 4 10:09:36 EST 2012

On 04/12/12 10:38, Gin wrote:
> Dear Minnow,
> Thanks for telling me/us that Diana used that phrase in her life. Those
> words and that scene have given me so many giggles and so much joy in my
> life that it is warming to find out that the phrase was not forgotten by
> Diana.
>
> (or by everyone else who has responded!)
>
> If it is something she used we could drop the book reference? Its just I
> was firmly taught to credit all sources by title and author :)
>
> (The other quote I was tempted to suggest was the "be daffodills" one,
> which would be amusing in a surreal way to have on a park bench)

That's nice too, but less memorable and far less easy to recognise as
coming from DWJ.  I think that's important at a big con where lots of
people won't even have heard of her (gasp!) or only as the author of the
Tough Guide to Fantasyland.  For the same reason, I think it would be
better to keep the title and author, though the idea of inducing some
head-scratching that way is tempting!