[DWJ] memorial being recorded?

Meredith MacArdle meredithxyz at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:09:14 EDT 2012

Well I thought it was a very moving event and a good celebration of Diana's
life and work. It took about 2 hours with an interval, cos there were a lot
of speakers, although everyone  only spoke for a few  minutes.

The order was:

Video presentation

Slides of photographs of Diana

Michael Burrow

(son) Introduction

Nick Tucker

Diana's childhood

Isobel  Armstrong

Being a sister

Richard Burrow

(son) Funeral speech

Colin Burrow

Radio talk condensed

Laura Cecil

(agent) The way Diana wrote

Video presentation

Archer's Goon/Howl's Moving Castle

Greer Gilman

(poet) Reading Diana in youth

Stella Paskins

(editor) Editing Diana: discovering her books

Sharyn November

(editor) Transatlantic view

Meredith McArdle

(fan) Website etc.

Gili Bar-Hillel

(translator) Translating Diana

Interval

Audio/Video presentation

Freedom Dance and Love Duet (from Black Maria ballet)

Robin McKinley

Being a fellow writer

Chris Bell

My best friend

Sharyn November

Reads presentation from Neil Gaiman

Dave Devereux

Being with Diana in the last days

Ursula Jones

(sister) Reading from new novel

Audio presentation

Diana recalls how she came to write her first books

(interview)

Michael Burrow

Thanks etc.

Video presentation

Slides of photographs of Diana

The unfinished novel sounded great. It was told from the point of view of a
girl who feels a complete failure because she went through a ritual being
locked up for the night in what sounded like a sort of long-barrow tomb
type thing, during which every female member of her family experiences a
vision. And she did not ... or did she?

I hope we get to find out.

There was also an amazing tower of books of some of the different editions.

Thanks to Cathy and Minnow for helping organise it. I took photos which I
will put up on the website soon (ish).

cheers, Meredith

Diana Wynne Jones fansite: http://www.leemac.freeserve.co.uk
Changeover and The Gods Within: http://www.moondustbooks.biz