[DWJ] nursing

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Sep 12 18:22:44 EDT 2011

> I understand what you're saying, but there's a difference between the word
> 'rape' - a violent act - and 'breast' - a non-threatening part of a woman's
> anatomy. But I guess breasts can be threatening to some people, too.

And even though this discussion has been both civil and interesting so far, and even though I trust y'all implicitly to keep it that way, I'm going to ask that this particular line of discussion end here. I've seen too many discussions about breast-feeding go horribly, horribly wrong at about this point, even when everybody involved on all sides of the argument is on the side of the angels. And because of the loaded nature of the topic, both conversation participants and innocent bystanders can get deeply hurt. I'd rather this not happen here, even though I know that everyone on the list is on the side of the angels.

I mean, unless you can make it on-topic, because no end of controversial topics get a pass from your overly micromanaging moderator if they are relevant to DWJ's works. But I admit I would have to struggle for an ObDWJ here, except inasmuch as the usual overarching concern with language and details.

-deborah