[DWJ] An ambitious project

Wed Sep 7 02:26:59 EDT 2011

A few months back I compiled a chronological list of DWJ's works, including
short stories, in case I wanted to do something like this. :) I think the
list is complete, and I was able to track down year and month of publication
for the novels and the stories--useful when you consider that _Eight Days of
Luke_, _Cart and Cwidder_ and _Dogsbody_ all have original publication dates
in 1975. Only five of the short stories haven't been included in one of the
anthologies, and four of those are in relatively easy to find volumes. (As
far as I can tell, "Mela Worms" has only been published the one time, in a
1989 anthology called _Arrows of Eros_ that took some doing to track down
online.)

So I do have the list, and I don't think it would be impossible to read
everything in strict chronological order. But it might be easier for people
to just read the anthologies as they come, particularly if we're talking
about getting them from a public library.

Melissa Proffitt