[DWJ] Thimble Summer

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sat Oct 22 05:02:54 EDT 2011

Anyone got this book in the Puffin edition and can send me a scan of pages
53-54? The copy I bought for 25 cents is missing half a page. It's the text
between "The fellow had unhitched the team in the barn" and "'Just a minute,'
said Garnet's father", as well as between "'All right, all right,' said Mr
Freebody" and "he who had always thought three meals a day about half as many
as a person needed."

I remember having this in Dutch translation as a kid (De zomer van de
vingerhoed), but either my memory is faulty or it's been translated very
rigorously --I suspect the latter-- because I don't remember half the events
or any of the names, except Timmy (the pig).

   Irina
   (and I wish I'd made an effort to acquire a copy of Changeover, because I
do *so* want to be in on the discussion. Well, next time.)

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.
Blog: http://valdyas.org/fo3