[DWJ] Diana Wynne Jones mini-con in Tel Aviv, October 17

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Oct 7 09:43:23 EDT 2011

Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

> For personal reasons, and also because I don't want to take sides
> in the whole Icon dispute, I turned down both conventions.

Oh, Gili, that's so hard. When fandom gets political it's always
so upsetting. Convention splits seem inevitable when you see how
often they happen, but they're always depressing.

> one of the results was that
> other people were found to pick up the DWJ torch, and this makes me very,
> very happy.

that's good, though! Encouraging other people to take on
leadership roles is wonderful.

> Workshop: Modelling Howl's Moving Castle in Plasticine, with Rotem Baruchin

OMG awesome.

And thanks for telling us about these panels. They sound really
interesting.

-deborah