[DWJ] Which syllable do you stress in "Chrestomanci"?

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 07:37:37 EDT 2011

The more I think about it, the more I think that pronunciation guide was on
a now-defunct HarperCollins promotional website. I can't see it on any of
the back cover copy of any of my books, and my edition of Witch Week also
just has the phonetic spelling in caps. But I KNOW I've seen it written as
Chres-to-MAHN-see (I remember it as having the h) and that's certainly
always been the way I've said it. But sensible Diana to say however people
preferred to say it was OK with her.

And thanks, Minnow, for letting us know about Diana's ashes and the
celebration. I had a lovely moment imaging Diana's ashes flying free—I hope
it was a lovely day. (It was in my imagination!)

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)