[DWJ] Which syllable do you stress in "Chrestomanci"?

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:14:33 EDT 2011

Another thought: I think my dual pronounciation is, as people have
mentioned, related to the word necromancy/necromancer. Which would be
NECromancy/er in English (unless I'm completely oblivious) but
nekromanTI/nekroMANtiker in Swedish. And since ChrestomanCI sounds
ridiculous, it ends up ChrestoMANci in Swedish for me, but not in English.

Katta