[DWJ] Music in DWJ

Liz Christie blueyeti at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 07:13:28 EST 2011

Hello all,

I'm writing a nice long project for uni on the topic of words and
music, with an intent to focus on DWJ and how she uses music to create
magic (I'm currently going to write on Cart and Cwidder, Fire and
Hemlock, and the Magicians of Caprona).  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to where else I could go?  My tutor said that writing
on one author was 'safe', especially since he has no idea what I'm
writing on, and I'm worried I should be branch out into the general
realms of kid lit.

Any thoughts on other kid lit or DWJ books I'm not dealing with which
could be interesting on the topic of music?

Thanks,
Liz