[DWJ] OT: Steampunk

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Tue May 31 00:49:27 EDT 2011

On 26 May 2011 10:12, Elizabeth Parks <henx19 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I was wondering if you could help me out with some recommendations for
> steampunk books.

If you can get hold of it, there's Australian author James Roy's Ichabod
Hart and the Lighthouse Mystery which is steampunk set in Australia.
(Richard Harland is also an Aussie these days, but the books aren't set
here.) This link from James's website says Ichabod was the first in a
series, but alas, it didn't do very well, pre-dating the current steampunk
thing by about 5 years, and so there are no more.

http://www.jamesroy.com.au/ichabod.htm

And on Cassandra Clare--she was just here touring Australia and I can tell
you from personal experience--rock star, as far as her teenage fans are
concerned. I MCd one of the Sydney Writers' festival school days where she
was a speaker and I've never heard anything like the excitement from those
kids--and not just the girls.

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)